Thursday 9 July 2009

Dignity (Pet Crematorium)




Dignity Pet Crematorium is not a must-have item for your address book - if you have a pet. It’s not on any tourist map. It’s not in any guidebook (as far as I know). You would only go there if you had to. And under duress. BUT if you had to, it’s a very good place to say goodbye to your beloved companion.

I promised that this new blog would NOT be all about the dog but as my friend observed, she was at the centre of my life, so it’s going to take some time to adjust.

The staff were absolutely fantastic; sensitive to what I needed and gently guiding me when I didn’t know what to do. We took the hound there on the hottest day of the year – within two hours of that moment – and we picked up her ashes several days later. Everything was handled with care and attention.

I thought I was prepared for the second visit within a week but when I saw her name on the casket, I just burst into tears all over again.

The staff have definitely thought of everything, anticipating any questions/issues/situations you may have (awkward or otherwise). It was seamless yet utterly, utterly personal. It was, I guess, the best customer experience at the worst of times.

If you are based near the South West, I can also highly recommend Valley Pet Crematorium. It does not have a garden of remembrance but it does have the most dedicated of teams. Tea and sympathy were on hand, when they opened specially for us earlier in the year. Again, the staff made the worst of times a little bit easier to bear.

If you do find yourself in that situation, I can guarantee everyone will be in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment